Sunday, August 9, 2009

An apology :-(

My dear book lovers,
I'm so sorry I haven't been around for this read-a-thon! I feel so bad for not being around to help at all or to join you :-(

I haven't had a vacation in 2 years and originally had planned to take one week off in mid- to late July. Unfortunately, I didn't realize I was a lot more exhausted than a single week can take care of.

On top of that, my laptop is no longer reliable, so I have been working longer hours at my student job to have the money for a new one once the next semester begins (in early Oct). This, of course, hasn't helped me relax in the least, so I have been even more exhausted and haven't been online much - if at all - for the past few weeks :-(

I can't tell you how sorry I am I missed out on this read-a-thon, but I hope you had lots of fun and will be with us again if we do another read-a-thon.

I'm glad that Marleen is so internet and blog savvy that she took over the entire work with no problems that I could see. And another thanks to Wendy from Caribou's Mom for the generous offer!

Kathrin

3 comments:

  1. Tha's ok, things crop up and it sounds like you really needed some time away. Thanks to Marleen for taking over and hopefully you can make the next one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so happy to hear from you Kathrin! I am just glad to hear you are okay - although it sounds like you have needed a long rest. Please take care of yourself - no apologies needed...we all have times in our lives like this and I am just happy to know you are doing okay.

    ReplyDelete