Monday, January 18, 2010

Another Mystery Read-a-Thon is over

Well, the weekend is over, and so is the Read-a-Thon. Therefore it's now time for a final look at how the weekend went, what we managed to read and how we liked the experience.
What we would like to know is what your statistics for this weekend are;
Did you manage to read a total of twelve hours?
How many pages did you read?
What books did you read and how did you enjoy them?
Did the weekend live up to your expectations? Did you read as much as you'd hoped? Or was it more, or less?
My post which also includes a write up on the two books I managed to start and finish, can be found here.
Finally I want to apologize for only posting this mail now, on Monday morning.
During the whole weekend I have been having problems with my computer. It was very slow, getting slower as the day went on and at times refused to save or post anything. I stayed up until after one in the morning yesterday evening trying to get my blog post and this one up, but it just wasn't happening. I can only hope I'll have more luck now.
I hope you all had a good time reading this weekend and that you will join us again the next time we decide to organize a Mystery Read-a-Thon.

13 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sad it is over already :-( Unfortunately, I didn't get much reading done, as I managed to get a 24 hour bug or something this weekend (still have an annoying head cold). As couldn't even walk up the stairs without feeling sick (like motion sickness, I'd guess without ever having experienced that), I couldn't come close to my computer either. I hope you all still had lots of fun and got some reading accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear that, Kathrin. I hope you'll be feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Marleen! In fact, today is much better than yesterday... I just wish I could breathe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better. This weekend was the Golden Globe Awards on Tv and that cut into a lot of my reading time! But I did start a mystery novel I've been meaning to read for a long time, and that was a big accomplishment. We should do this another weekend, a slightly longer one maybe:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a good weekend and would love to do it again. Next time, maybe I can send my hubby and daughter away for the day.

    I actually posted my wrap-up last night.

    http://carolsnotebook.wordpress.com/2010/01/17/mystery-rea-a-thon-wrap-up/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Book Dilettante: That's what this event is all about, to get to reading something that you've been wanting to but never got around to. Or to spend as much time reading as you have been dreaming of but could never find. If you managed that, you did indeed accomplish something.

    Carol: I was thinking the same thing as far as husband and daughter are concerned. I sure get a lot more reading done when they're not around to interrupt my reading.
    I'm glad you managed to get over 7 hours reading in and finish a book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My wrap up is posted here:
    http://cmashlovestoread.blogspot.com

    Hoping there will be more Mystery Read-A-Thons this year

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since this was my 1st ever Read-A-Thon was wondering if you have a newsletter subscription so I will know if there are any in the future.
    Mash1195(at)aol(dot)com
    http://cmashlovestoread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with everyone else I enjoyed this read-a-thon I wish I could have read more but I did manage 14 hours. I hope we can do this again soon...

    http://theblackcell.net/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heidi, I can't promise soon, but I do promise we will do it again.
    14 hours, WOW. I was hoping for more but in the end was very grateful to have managed 12 hours with everything that was going on around me.
    And I don't think we can ever read fast enough. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for hosting another Mystery Readathon! I was a little disappointed in my progress this weekend, but there's always the next one, right?

    http://heidenkind.blogspot.com/2010/01/obligatory-mystery-readathon-wrap-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. My wrap up post is here:
    http://readingwithmomma.blogspot.com/2010/01/sunday-salon-mystery-read-thon-wrap-up.html

    I didn't make nearly the progress I had hoped for, but maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heidenkind and Erika.
    Sorry to hear that neighter of you did as well as you hoped you would, but you're right, there is always next time, and I'm sure Kathrin and I won't wait too long before we start another one. Keep an eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete